I will be selling my D80 (Body Only) for $670.00 following my vacation. The camera is in FINE condition. Mint, I'd say.
I have taken great care of this camera the entire time that I've had it. I will not be selling any lenses or memory cards with the camera. So, again, BODY ONLY.
Incidentally, it sells on Ebay for for about 670-689 used (mint). If you're local, I'll deliver it to you and you won't have to pay shipping.
Sells new on B&H for $719.95.
This would be an especially good deal for those who already have Nikon Lenses (any F-Mount lens will work, including older manual lenses). Even without an existing Nikon lense collection, it would still be a good deal; a great lens can be had for as little as 109$.
The D80 is in most circles viewed as the best 'amatuer' camera made for the price point. The color representation the sensor provides is amazing, it's resolution is great, and it's more than decent in low light conditions if a proper lens is used.
The Nikon D80 SLR Digital Camera features a 10.2 effective megapixel DX Format CCD image sensor, providing a high level of resolution and sharp detail, so users can have the freedom to crop creatively and print impressive enlargements. It features Nikon's high-resolution image processing engine and a dedicated high-performance processing chip that has been introduced to significantly accelerate performance on all levels. With a start up time of just 0.18 seconds and a shutter release lag time of approx. 80 milliseconds, the D80 delivers instant response, and provides continuous shooting at a rapid 3 frames per second, making action photography a reality and the camera a must have for photography enthusiasts.
Nikon's DX Format sensor and F bayonet lens mount design assures compatibility across the comprehensive range of AF and DX Nikkor lenses. The Refined 11-area AF System (based on Nikon's advanced Multi-CAM 1000 AF Sensor Module) ensures consistently fast and precise focus lock in various shooting conditions and Nikon's exclusive 3D Color Matrix Metering II ensures accurate automatic exposure control, even in the most challenging lighting conditions.
Packing high performance and high resolution into a slimmer, more compact body, the D80 also remains true to Nikon's commitment to intuitive operation. The size, layout and operation of all controls are designed for maximum ease of use. A large, bright viewfinder with large 0.94x magnification ensures the clearest view possible and a large 2.5-inch, 230,000-dot high-resolution LCD provides an ultra-wide 170-degree viewing angle from all directions. A RGB histogram display also assists when evaluating exposures with greater precision. And a user-friendly menu interface makes for easier operation and menus can be customized using the "My Menu" setting. Furthermore, exclusive in-camera image editing features, such as D-Lighting and Red-eye correction ensure consistently satisfying results and greater creative freedom without the use of a computer.
- • 10.2 Megapixel Imaging Sensor with High-resolution Processor
- Effectively optimized by Nikon to deliver a wide dynamic range, the DX format CCD produces outstanding images with high resolution and vivid detail, yielding 3872x2592-pixel files. The industry-leading 12-bit advanced imaging processing engine of the Nikon D80 provides color-independent pre-conditioning prior to A/D conversion and works in harmony with high-precision digital image processing algorithms to produce natural-looking images that benefit from faithful color and tone reproduction.
- • Instant Start Up and Fast Performance
- With a near instant power-up time of 0.18 seconds and a mere 80-millisecond shutter time lag, The Nikon D80 promotes fast handling and enables photographers respond to any photographic opportunities as they arise. Additionally, swift continuous shooting performance at 3 frames per second enables the shooting of up to 100 JPEG (FINE M-size or smaller) or up to 6 RAW (NEF) images, and shutter speeds ranging from 1/4000 to 30 seconds or bulb setting provide full creative control.
- • High Sensitivity with Noise Reduction
- The ISO AUTO mode on the Nikon D80 automatically adjusts sensitivity between ISO 100 -1600 to maximize available light and achieve optimal exposure. Sensitivity can also be set manually between ISO 100 - 1600 in steps of 1/3 EV, plus HI-0.3, HI-0.7 and HI-1 High ISO settings, and three levels of High ISO Noise Reduction are available when shooting at high ISO settings. Long Exposure Noise Reduction is also available when shooting at shutter speeds of 8 seconds or slower.
- • 11-area AF System with Wide-area Center Segment and Auto-area AF Functions
- Nikon's Multi-CAM 1000 AF System provides maximum flexibility and optimum performance under varied shooting situations. The 11-area autofocus system features a cross-type sensor in the center, broad frame coverage, as well as class-leading low light detection and convenient AF-assist illuminator to aid in low-light conditions. The Wide Area AF option gives greater compositional freedom when shooting sports and action.
- • 3D Color Matrix Metering II, plus Variable Center-Weighted and Spot Metering
- Substantially more sophisticated than traditional multi-pattern metering systems, Nikon's 3D Color Matrix Metering II instantly and accurately evaluates brightness, color, contrast, selected focus area and subject-to-camera distance information, referencing the results against an onboard database of 30,000 scenes from actual photography. Vary the size of the center-weighted area reading and spot metering readings correspond to 11 focusing points.
- • Digital Vari-Programs for Optimized and Predictable Results
- The D80 has seven automated Digital Vari-Programs that are easily accessed from the Mode Dial, and provide automatic operation optimizing white balance, sharpening, tone, color, saturation and hue for crisp and vivid results that match the intended shot. Selections include Auto, Portrait, Landscape, Close Up, Sports, Night Landscape and Night Portrait. Furthermore, easily accessed image optimization options closely tailor results to the scene at hand or the intended use of the image, including user selectable image sharpening, tone (contrast) compensation, color mode, saturation and hue adjustment.
- • Built-in Speedlight with Nikon i-TTL flash and Creative Lighting System
- Nikon's acclaimed i-TTL flash control evaluates flash exposure with greater precision to achieve better automatic flash balance and deliver outstanding results with the Built-in Speedlight. Furthermore, compatibility with the Nikon Creative Lighting System allows the D80 to work seamlessly with SB-800, SB-600 and SB-R200 Speedlights to deliver the benefits of i-TTL flash control's advanced monitor pre-flash, accurate measurement for bounce and versatile wireless operation. SB-800 and SB-600 Speedlights also offer a Wide-Area AF-assist Illuminator, which aids flash photography in dim light by projecting a pattern of red light that covers all eleven autofocus areas of the D80's 11-area Multi-CAM 1000 AF Sensor Module.
- • Large, Bright Viewfinder
- The optical glass pentaprism viewfinder features a large 0.94x magnification that ensures the clearest view possible for precise and easy composition, while overall viewfinder brightness makes low-light photography possible.
- • 2.5" Color LCD Monitor
- Playback images can be viewed easily from all angles with extraordinary color and clarity on the large 2.5-inch LCD monitor with a 170° viewing angle and a dedicated zoom button to assist with accurate and easy assessment of sharpness by enabling image preview up to 25 times magnification. Convenient displays include RGB information as a single histogram display or as separate histograms for each color channel. The carefully chosen color scheme and increased font size of the color-coded menu display makes navigation easier on the eye, easier to understand and easier to use, while "My Menu" lets you customize Menus to display only the items you wish to see.
- • In-camera Image Editing and Effects
- Creative in-camera effects and editing functions are available under the Retouch menu, and provide greater creative freedom without the need of a computer. Nikon D-lighting automatically brings out detail to enhance results and add creative flair, all the while optimizing overall exposure balance. Red-eye Correction automatically detects and compensates for the annoying red-eye effect sometimes caused by flash. Image Trimming can be used to produce smaller files for easy sharing or greater efficiency for specific end purposes. Image Overlay merges a pair of selected RAW (NEF) files taken with the D80 to create a composite image that can be saved in RAW or JPEG format. Monochrome Black and White, Sepia and Cyanotype along with Skylight, Warm Tone and Custom Color filter effects. Multiple Exposure creates a single image within the camera from up to 3 consecutive exposures to produce imaginative and even surreal results.
- • Built-in Slideshow Function with Pictmotion
- Select a range of images, pick a style and add music for beautiful picture presentations delivered from the D80 to a television via the supplied AV cable or simply view on the camera's 2.5 inches LCD. Advanced Pictmotion transitions include slide-in, slide-out, fade-in, and fade-out
- • Ergonomic Design for Efficient Handling
- The Nikon D80 is housed in a slim, compact body with the size, layout and operation of all buttons and controls designed for intuitive operation.
- • Excellent Battery Life
- The High-Efficiency power system provides superb battery life. As a result, the Nikon EN-EL3e Lithium Ion rechargeable battery delivers enough power to support the shooting of up to 2700 images on a single charge (fully charged battery @ 20°C/68°F). It can be recharged at any time and supports the handy real-time fuel gauge system display on the D80 Camera that shows remaining charge by percentage, number of shots since last charge and overall battery status.
- • Seamless Integration with Nikon's Total Imaging System
- The Nikon D80 provides unprecedented compatibility with Nikon's lineup of AF Nikkor lenses and digital-exclusive DX Nikkor lenses. The optional MB-D80 battery pack adds extended shooting capability in an ergonomic design that adds shooting stability. Able to run on either one or two EN-EL3e batteries or six AA-size batteries, the pack also features an additional command dial and alternative buttons for shutter release and AE-Lock/AF-Lock that make vertical shooting more comfortable. The Wireless ML-L3 (IR) Remote Control and MC-DC1 Remote Cord options provide necessary camera stability when using long exposures for landscape and macro photography.